aztec

Friday, July 19, 2013

Mt. St. Helens 2013

I had my first sleepover away from my girls this past week, when I chaperoned our girl's cross country camping trip to Mt. St. Helens.  While I was away, a lot happened at home with Dadda and the girls.  But that's a separate post.  Our hike took four hours up and three & a half down.  When we got back to the campground, we all jumped into the lake to clean off.

A 'before' shot at the trailhead: The DeLeon Twins, Hannah, Savannah, Margaret, & Nicole.

Just past treeline, about two miles into the hike looking up at the ridge we would scramble up.

My attempt at a 'jumping' shot, with Mt. Adams in the background.

At the top with a pristine view of Mt. Rainier. 

Momma and the girls chillin' at the top.




Nicole's sole came off early on in the hike. So Bruce and her swapped shirts, and she ripped Bruce's shirt into strips to tie around her shoe. 

Heading down the mountain.

Selfie shot.

The 'after' shot of the girls, still looking as spry as ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment