aztec

Sunday, July 14, 2013

20 Weeks: We're having a girl!

Our big, anatomy ultrasound was July 5th.  Benji dropped me off at the clinic and took the girls to a park in Beaverton.  The technician agreed to put the results in an envelope and graciously told me to look away whenever she was measuring anatomy that was close to revealing the gender.  Apparently the baby had hiccups during the appointment, but I couldn't feel them yet. She weighed 9 ounces and had a heart rate of 139.  As soon as the ultrasound technician cleaned the goop off my belly, I was out the door to meet Benji and the girls.  When we opened the envelope in the parking lot, we were shocked to discover we were having another girl.  Truly elated, but truly surprised!  I just figured with my gestational diabetes diagnosis, all the back pain I'd been experiencing, and my never-ending appetite early on, that we were having a boy.  The real excitement kicked in while telling friends and family of our news. I'm finally feeling some movement after a long hiatus of feeling nothing. I've gained seventeen pounds thus far, and I'm still doing handstand pushups at CrossFit.  My blood sugar levels have been easy to maintain with not a whole lot of change in my diet. And I was so happy to discover that eating two homemade blueberry muffins for breakfast didn't send me over my target glucose level.  The following belly photos were my attempt to copy professional photographers who do maternity sessions. Although these photos aren't as stunning and artistic, I do cut myself a little slack for   having to deal with a faulty tripod.  Enjoy!

She was moving when the timer went off.



It's a girl!









No comments:

Post a Comment