Even though my cross country running season is officially over (no qualifiers for the state meet on Nov. 1), we are still super busy with swim lessons and AWANA, squeezing in CrossFit workouts, and trying to keep up with our newest walking wonder. Ever since Tessa took her first steps, she stays on her feet and walks further with each new day. It's amazing to see something so small move so fast!
I've been terrible with my monthly Tessa updates. Thankfully, when she turns one in less than two months, I'll be off the hook. Without further ado, here's the latest and the greatest with Miss Tess.
- Her first tooth (top right) appeared Oct 5.
- Noticed her second tooth (bottom right) on Oct. 14.
- Immediately after realizing she had two tooth, she began to grind them.
- She took her first steps Oct. 16.
- She was recently weened from her afternoon snack (after nap time), so now she's down to four breast feedings a day.
- She climbs our two sets of stairs in less than five seconds.
- She claps, waves, blows kisses, and raises her arms in the air when I say "Tessa is so big."
- She loves bath time with her big sisters and the tv remote and the vacuum cleaner.
- She can say Mama, but she mainly says Dada, and I don't think she knows what they mean yet.
Tessa, my little jinx-bear-doodle, I love you so much. You are pure joy!
Cross country practice, cross country meets (6 in the month of Sep. alone), eating froyo, soaking up the Oct. rays while my girls get their groove on, and posing for pictures after church….that's what been happening lately.
Our only home meet at Newberg H.S.
The JV girls after their race.
The start of the Varsity girls' race at the Nike Pre-Nationals Meet held at Portland Meadows.
Our amazing freshman boys after their race at Nike Pre-Nationals.
Probably the most candid of all team shots our bus driver took that day at Champoeg Park.
Newberg Cross Country 2014
The girls loved feeding Tessa frozen yogurt, and Tessa loved being fed by her sisters.
Fall is officially here. But our last two weeks of summer boasted hot temperatures, which meant lots of pool parties, popsicles, watermelon, and wearing sun dresses to church. The girls were pretty bummed when Dadda deflated the pool to put it back into the garage and when we ran out of Otter Pops.
Thank you Gramma & Grampa for our new swimsuits!
McKinley loves to swim underwater. And she's so excited for her third round of swim lessons in Oct.
Here she's doing "starfish," aka floating on her back.