aztec

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Elk Lake and South Sister

This will be my third year as assistant cross country coach at Newberg High School. It's the only thing I couldn't give up after choosing to be a stay-at-home mom. I really love being a coach, but most of all, I enjoy building relationships with kids outside of the classroom.  Last year, Benji and I hiked Mt. St. Helens with the girls, while I was 5 months pregnant with McKinley.  This summer, Bruce (Head coach) and I decided to bring the girls to climb the South Sister, which happens to be the third highest peak in Oregon.  Nine girls, Bruce, Benji, McKinley & I, plus a whole lot of camping gear and baby stuff, piled into 2 vans and drove to Elk Lake Resort, where we pitched our tents for two nights.  While Bruce and I took the girls up South Sister, McKinley got to spend the entire day with Daddy.  She is truly an outdoors girl!

Eating some lunch in our six-man tent. 
(Thanks Rick & Christine....sorry 'bout the rip!)

Enjoying the campsite while wearing my
moose camping hat.

At the trailhead to South Sister.

McKinley loves hiking with Daddy!

Momma and the girls at the summit (10,300 ft)

Washing off in Elk Lake after a grueling climb.

No comments:

Post a Comment