aztec

Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Brey House Bed & Breakfast

We celebrated Mother's day a tiny bit early, since Benji would be working. My husband and daughter surprised me with an overnight trip to the coast with a stay in a quaint little B & B right on the beach.  Rates are considerably lower during the middle of the week, especially before the summer season, so we practically had Lincoln City to ourselves.  We left on Wednesday, May 5, and McKinley slept the entire drive.  One thing Benji and I adore about where we reside, is that we are so close to the coast; after less than an hour and a half, we were there. We spent the afternoon walking on the beach, snapping lots of pictures, then dined at a charming 60's cafe for dinner.  McKinley slept through the night even though this was her first bedtime away from home! The following morning we had a spectacular breakfast of crab omelets and homemade scones. We leisurely checked out and visited the outlet stores before heading home. Overall, I'd say it was a wonderful first Mother's day!

Day 1:
 Getting ready for the beach.




"I got my fleece hoodie on, toes in the sand,
Not a worry in the world, Daddy's holding my hand,
Life is good today...life is good today!"





 
Two cool girls rocking their shades!




Two bumps on a log!


Two sailors and a baby!


My first sunset.



Day 2:  

Lovin' the Pacific Ocean!






What a great trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment