aztec

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Thirty Four (Part 2)

Since my birthday fell on a Wednesday, there was a pretty good chance I would have a cross country meet.  Sure enough.  A dual meet against Forest Grove @ Forest Grove.  So, when my hubby asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday, it was a no brainer.  Lunch at the Olive Garden.  Before lunch, Benji surprised me with my first pumpkin spice latte of the fall. Then I was off to get my CrossFit on.  We promptly arrived at the Olive Garden as soon as they were open for business, so we had a relaxing lunch with time left to spare for opening presents and eating a red velvet cupcake before the girls' afternoon naps.  Benji was super sweet to let me pick out and order my own birthday gift this year. I've had my eye on a hand-stamped necklace from The Vintage Pearl ever since we got pregnant with Piper.  After the festivities, I got on a bus with twenty high school girls who serenaded me.  They gave me the best gift ever: a win over the girls from Forest Grove (last year's district champs).  The cherry on top of an amazing day was coming home from the meet and eating my tiramisu to-go with an ice-cold glass of milk.

What a cheese ball.  McKinley holds up her after-dinner mint before devouring it.


Momma and her girls outside the Olive Garden.

Lovin' my labor-day-sale dress from Zulily!

Lady in Red cupcake from Sweetest Thing Cupcakes.


The lady tigers at the start line.  Yeah Newberg!

Part of the course was through a tunnel of Poplar trees.  Very cool.

And they're off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment