aztec

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Who-hoo for snow days!

I accepted a half-day substitute job for Wednesday through Friday this week. It's my first substitute gig for the school year and since McKinley was born. I was excited to get back in the classroom, especially since I would be teaching Algebra I. Getting ready for my day was equally exciting. Putting on my dressy clothes, that I seldom wear now, and applying a little make-up made me feel pretty.  However, all my excitement was quickly squelched when I met the thirty out-of-control kids (mainly freshman) that I would be attempting to teach. I tried all my best tricks, getting some of them to buy in, but I mainly kept one eye on the clock, anxiously waiting for the end of the period.  So, it was a rough ninety minutes, and needless to say, I was a little rusty. At the homefront it was daddy-daughter day. They enjoyed some quality time together while I was making the big bucks. 



This morning we woke to several inches of snow on the ground.  And I just knew I wouldn't have to see my class of crazy kiddos today.  Sure enough, school had been cancelled, and I breathed a sigh of relief that I would have one more day to prepare for our next encounter.  So, instead of making substitute pay for half a day, we made some beautiful memories in the snow.  









No comments:

Post a Comment