aztec

Friday, April 4, 2014

The Open is Closed

I recently competed in the largest fitness competition in the world: the CrossFit Open.  The Open consisted of five workouts with a different workout each week.  For the first four workouts, we were given a time limit and tried to complete as many repetitions as possible within that time limit.  But the last workout was task completion, meaning we were required to complete a certain number of repetitions no matter how long it would take.  The two movements in the last workout were thrusters and burpees over the bar, and the repetition scheme looked like this: 21-18-15-12-9-6-3, starting with thrusters. After 21 thrusters, 21 burpees, then 18 thrusters, then 18 burpees, and so on & so forth.  For my last workout, Benji and the girls accompanied me to the gym to cheer me on.

Piper warms up on the rower machine.

McKinley, on the other hand, warms up with me.  Here we're doing a long squat.

Next we do some pass-throughs with the pvc pipe. 

Then it's band shoulders.

And here we go.


After the 21 thrusters, I was already wasted and wanting to quit.




Burpees over the bar.

Afterwards, Benji said that McKinley and Piper were mimicking my every move with their pvc pipe.


Nice ups!

Piper does burpees lying next to the bar, instead of over the bar.

Hardest 24 minutes and 17 seconds ever!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I'm impressed!! What are you training for? Just the thought of burpees after thrusters makes my arms feel like jello. Way to go! You're one buff momma!! :)

    ReplyDelete