aztec

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Where it all began (Part 2)

The next day we met Ryan, Shannon and the girls back at the hotel after lunch.  While we waited for their plane to arrive, we decided to eat at Sizzlers.  Their all-you-can-eat salad bar was totally over-priced and grossly under-stocked.  But I do have to give them mad props for their fresh, hot rolls accompanied with the most delicious honey-butter.  We had very little time with Ryan, Shannon, Leyton and Ellis, as our plan was to depart at bedtime.  The girls had a blast, though.  They ran around the hotel room acting silly and played with all of Leyton's toys while we visited.  I only took out my camera once, actually twice.  The first time was to attempt a granddaughter shot in coordinating outfits for Gramma. And the second time was a quick shot of my brother and I right before we left. Time was just too precious to be spending it taking pictures.  The morning after, McKinley woke up and immediately told me she was sad. I asked her why and she said she missed Leyton and that Leyton was "her best cousin ever." We were so blessed to have my brother and his family stationed in San Diego for the last three years.  We hope they'll return to Cali after their tour in Japan.

Getting dressed for the photo shoot.



Test shot.

Getting set up.

First attempt.



So sweet!

I love that Piper is holding onto Tessa's ear.

I also love how protective McKinley and Piper are of Tessa. Each one must have a hand on her...

….even while she's goofing around with Leyton.



Jammies!  We were so thankful that all three girls slept the entire drive home to Newberg.

No comments:

Post a Comment