aztec

Monday, December 10, 2012

Back in Business & The Big Reveal

Finally, after considering suggestions from friends, I had a couple more ideas of my own. I thought that if I went back and re-sized all my photos from extra-large to small, it would free up space.  But all it took was one post for me to come to the conclusion that going down that road would take forever.  Plus, I didn't even know if it would work. My second idea was to google my options. That lead me to a forum based around the question, "Ever run out of storage on Blogger?" In following the online conversation, I found a thread that recommended hosting pictures on Photobucket.  And that's just what I did.  I started a Photobucket account that includes free, 2 GB photo storage.  That's double what Blogger gives you free of charge, so I'm already calculating that in approximately four more years, I'll have to quit blogging or find another online host to upload and store my photos for free.  In the mean time, we're back in business! 
Now.....drum roll please.....I give you, our freshly-painted house.....aka the house with the yellow door.  To be honest, we're still in the process of painting the back of our house (i.e. trim, gutters & eaves). But we met our goal of finishing the front before my parents came to visit.  We totally took advantage of Sherwin William's Labor Day sale and bought our paint at 40% off.  Our color palette is Gauntlet Gray and Citrus with Pure White for the trim.  I am loving the way it turned out!

Benji and I, circa 2007, after we bought our house.




Ta-da!

Still need to replace our front porch light and hose reel with something more modern, add an American flag, and re-hang our address numbers. 

1 comment: