aztec

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Birthday Girl

We were fortunate to have my parents in town during Piper's birthday.  It gave me an even bigger reason to plan a party.  We invited the Lutus for dinner and dessert, and started the festivities when Dadda and Jered came home from work.  My Dad graciously agreed to cook his famous, homemade spaghetti, and I made homemade lemon cupcakes with a blackberry buttercream frosting and cake batter pops.  Piper ate so much pasta that she didn't immediately dive into her cupcake like I had envisioned.  After treats she opened her presents, with sissy's help.  Actually, it went down like this: McKinley opened presents while Piper watched. Thank you family and friends who sent gifts!  Her birthday celebration ended with a much-needed bath to clean the cupcake and frosting stuck in her hair.

Good morning birthday girl!











Grampa and Gramma with the birthday girl and her sissy bear.

So cute in her party dress!








Thank you Grampa and Gramma for my sweet, new hat.

Thank you Ahmma and Dumpa for my new puzzles.

Lincoln, Jaydin, Piper and McKinley pose for pictures I will eventually put in Piper's baby book.


Great First Birthday party!  Thanks for coming Gramma and Grampa.

1 comment:

  1. This birthday bash looks outstanding. I must say that your parties are always fabulous because you include amazing creativity and personal touches to the bashes. We attended a DIY party of a cousin at the local convention center and it was also very enjoyable. The food was super tasty.

    ReplyDelete