aztec

Sunday, April 17, 2011

First Steps

So, Miss McKinley finally decided to try walking on her own.  She was so nonchalant about it, almost oblivious to what she was actually doing. She didn't make a fuss... I let go of her, hoping to give her more opportunities to stand by herself....then she casually started walking towards me. I started freaking out, and I honestly think she had no idea why Benji and I had gotten so excited.  We even captured her on video minutes later, taking about 5 more steps.  After the excitement died down a bit, I got a little teary-eyed. I don't know why. We've been waiting so long for this moment, and I suppose the next sixteen years of her life quickly flashed before my eyes, as if she was growing up way too fast already.  Since her first steps a couple of days ago, she only tries walking on her own when we purposefully let her go, scoot back and encourage her to "come to Momma or Dadda."
On a totally separate note: the following pictures were taken during the few nice days we've had in April thus far.  As soon as I see the sun faintly hinting that it might poke through the clouds, we run outdoors to soak it up.





Workin' her backside.

Swingin' at the park.






No comments:

Post a Comment