aztec

Friday, February 5, 2021

Best of 2020 | Summer, part 1

 Once we wrapped up our homeschool year, Covid still couldn't stop our summer shenanigans!  I took an unexpected trip in June to KY for my Grandma Campoamor's funeral.  It was so refreshing to spend time with my extended family and friends, sharing old stories and laughing at old memories.  The image of my Grandpa at her funeral will always be etched in my mind.  I witnessed his hard Eucharisto, praising God and chanting, "Thank you Lord, you have been so good to me.  Thank you for 67 years." In July we traveled to CA, spending time with all of Benji's siblings and their families as well as hanging out in Coronado with my brother and his family.  Some of the highlights included our trips to In-N-Out, swimming in Uncle Travis' pool, hikes up God's Rock, the beach day at Silver Strand State beach, and the San Diego Zoo.  After returning home, Tessa participated in a week-long soccer camp through our church. Although we weren't able to stay and watch her during the week, due to Covid, we observed her scrimmage from outside the field on the last day of camp.  She hustled hard, but in the end decided she wanted to pursue gymnastics.






















No comments:

Post a Comment