aztec

Thursday, September 14, 2017

First Day of School

I had all these grandiose plans to start school early, like in August, but in the end McKinley & Piper's first day of school was the same day as their public school peers.  I wanted to surprise them with a special pancake breakfast, but it was them who surprised me by waking up early, all by themselves, getting dressed and making their beds before coming downstairs.  I decided our start time for the first week would be 9:00 am, and they were promptly ready to go, sitting at the dining room table, waiting for me to join them.  The first day went pretty smoothly and quickly, and afterwards Piper was so disappointed that she begged to do more school.  This year McKinley will be going through Adventures in U.S. History and Piper will do God's Creation from A to Z, both from My Father's World.  As were are already in the middle of their second week, their enthusiasm has wavered a bit, and I'm still trying to navigate teaching two different grade levels.  But I'm so proud of both of my school girls!






No comments:

Post a Comment