aztec

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Pregnancy Update

At twenty-nine weeks, I'm beginning my third trimester.  It was another answer to prayer when I tested negative for gestational diabetes, even after having elevated levels on the initial glucose test, which prompted an additional three-hour glucose test.  I've gained about twenty-five pounds thus far and remain fairly active, crossfitting 3-4 times a week.  I can run, but it's uncomfortable.  So I will most likely spend the majority of my cross country season on a bike.  My daughters have affectionately nicknamed me "the belly," and they love to feel him move and squirm in my tummy.  I have developed a mild case of melasma (skin-darkening) on my forehead and right above my eyebrows, but fortunately my bangs cover it up to where it isn't noticeable.   I have been able to keep my lower back pain down to a minimum with brisk walks and being overly-cautious during crossfit wods.  There has been no significant difference in carrying a boy versus my girls, accept that I'm keenly aware that he moves constantly.  It has been so fun for me to plan his vintage-eclectic, cowboys & indian-themed nursery.  I'm trying to incorporate items from Benji's childhood, as well as mementos from Billy Stiles, while keeping it modern and fresh and masculine.   I'm trying to cherish all the kicks & jabs, pains & charlie horses, curves, cravings, wearing maternity clothes, incontinence, visible & engorged veins everywhere, and lack of sleep.  But to be honest, while temperatures have been in the 100's, I'm ready to be done and sipping on some mango moscato.








No comments:

Post a Comment