aztec

Saturday, March 16, 2013

McKinley's pearly-whites

We finally scheduled McKinley's first dentist appointment.  Even though her pediatrician first inquired whether or not she had seen the dentist at her two-year well check, I'm glad we waited.  It was such a positive experience, which took me by surprise.  A couple days prior, it's all she could talk about.  She was so excited!  But what I didn't expect was that her excitement never wavered.  I was for certain she'd hesitate once she got in the chair.  Rochelle, our dental hygienist, was completely amazing with her.  And I'm sure the television playing cartoons played a small part too. But overall, she did very well following directions and never got scared. 

Rochelle begins by letting McKinley pick out a new toothbrush.

She chose a red, Eeyore toothbrush.

Having a television playing MickeyMouse Clubhouse certainly helped distract her. 

Time to put on the safety glasses.

McKinley wanted rubber gloves, just like Rochelle.


Getting x-rays.

She also wanted a face mask, just like Doc McStuffins. 

Too cute!

 
McKinley proudly shows me her swag bag from the dentist. 


No comments:

Post a Comment